Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Quilt is finished...








Finally I have finished my first quilt. I took a class at Joanne's Fabric to learn to quilt and I have completed it three months later. I am really pleased with how it turned out.




The class took a bit longer because it was once a week and we had the holidays, but I hunkered down this last week and finished.



For the first quilt there were a few observations I made. I did not realize you had to iron everything. I also noticed as I proceeded my sewing became increasingly better, so very happy with my progress. I did have a ton of trouble with binding and seams straight on the edge. I am going to review some more videos and see if I can make some more progress on this part of the sewing.
I love this chandelier fabric, my favorite. I was happy with the color choices and although I promised this to one of my kids I have yet to let it go.
I really enjoyed making a quilt, it is kind of like a puzzle that you nurture throughout until it is a completed piece of art. I am all ready on my second quilt that I am making for a birthday present, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment